From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:51:44 +0800
Elegant, effortless and stylish.  These are some of the adjectives that
can be used to describe the piano playing of Dubravka Tomsic.  Don't
believe me? Well, just listened to her recordings of Scarlatti's Sonatas
and Bach's Partita no 1 on the ultra cheap Pilz label (Vienna Master
series).  Her tempi and phrasing in Bach's Partita No.  1 reminded one of
Lipatti's magnificient account of that piece.  And she plays the Scarlatti
Sonatas in such a way so as to convince us that the Sonatas are written for
the piano.  And I thought Pletnev was good....

Does anyone out there have any information on this criminally-neglected
artist? Is she still actively performing and/or recording? Is she signed
to a major label by any chance?

CHeers
Kar Ming