From:
Young Kwak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:51:01 -0400
I recently picked up a 4-disc set at little less then $20 US.  It was
my first purchase from this sort of new (at least for me) budget label
company.  I did not have a recording of Schicksalslied so I figure why not.
Of course, the 2 piano concertos, the violin concerto, the piano quartets
#1 & 3, the double concerto, and Nanie were included.

I've had this set now for a month and I love it to death!  The 1st piano
concerto is outstanding and just blew me away!  The pianist is Wolfgang
Manz and has a stupendous technique and understanding of this very
difficult piece.  I now consider this recording to up there with my
favorites: versions by Serkin, Fleisher, Kovacevich, and the recently-
released Pollini (with Abbado).  I have been raving about this performance
to my friends and I hope members of this list give this a try.

Young
Albert Einstein College of Medicine