From:
Noboru Inoue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:32:11 +0900
Unfortunately, PBS radio didn't reach Japan..  So I would like to ask about
another PBS lecture by Mr.  Bernstein in 1976, Norton Lecture at HVD univ.
later broadcast on PBS.

Title was Unquestioned Question, I have a book that contains the
transcription.

In this book, Bernstein refers to Chomsky as its language theory is
applicable to music(deep structure for language and music).

I do not agree with universal grammer and innate capability of language
of Mr.  Chomsky; However if it is right, it should be applicable to music
naturally.

Question is how the lecture, especially refering to Chomky, was accepted
or ignored or criticized.  If some remember..

Jon Johanning wrote:

>On the other hand, if they mean to get ordinary Americans interested in CM,
>hitting them with long subtitled interviews in Russian and Italian won't
>help; we Yanks aren't interested in anything that isn't in English, and
>subtitles just give us the impression of something arty and pretentious.

Mmmm I am convinced that Mr. Chomsky surely is one of Yanks.

//////Noboru Inoue//////