From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:43:20 -0500
When I received the 10-CD "Kathleen Ferrier Edition" from Berkshire, a
number of them duplicated recordings I already had.  I would be willing to
sell some or all of them for $5.90 each.  (The 10-disc set cost $59.90.) I
would not be selling the CD's I received but those they duplicated.  That's
why the Gluck *Orfeo* I'm offering is on Palladio and not on London/Decca.

Here are the Ferrier CD's that my recent acquisition duplicated:

Gluck's Orfeo (abridged) w/ Ann Ayars and Zoe Vlachopoulos, Fritz Stiedry
conducting the Glyndebourne Festival Chorus and Southern Philharmonia
Orchestra (Palladio (not London or Decca) 4171 add mono

Schumann, Brahms, Schubert: Smn: Frauenliebe und -leben, Volksliedchen,
Witmung w/ John Newmark, piano; Bhms: Sapphische Ode, Botschaft; Sbrt,
Greetchen am Spinnrade, Die junge Nonne, An die Musik, Der Musensohn, all
w/ Phyllis Spurr, piano; Sbrt: Ganymed, Du liebst mich nicht, Lachen und
Weinen, w/ Benjamin Britten, piano; also Silent night, holy night and O
come, all ye faithful, w/ the Boyd Neel String Orchestra conducted by BN
London 433 471-2 mono add

Mahler, 3 Rueckert Lieder (Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen; Ich atmet
einen linden Duft, and Um Mitternacht, w/ Bruno Walter conducting the
Vienna Philharmonic; Brahms: Alto Rhapsody, op. 53, w/ Clemens Krauss
conducting London Philharmonic Orchestra & Chorus; Gestillte Sehnsucht,
op. 91, no. 1 & Geistliches Wiegenlied, Op. 91, no. 2, w/ Phyllis Spurr,
piano and Max Gilbert, viola; Vier ernste Gesaenge, op. 121 w/ John
Newmark, piano London 421 299-1 mono add

BBC Broadcast from The Edinburgh Festival 1949 (Schubert, Brahms,
Schumann): "What the Edinburgh Festival has meant to me", an introduction
by KF; Sbrt: Die Junge Nonne, Romance from Rosamunde, Du liebst mich
nicht, Der Tod und das Maedchen, Suleika I, Du bist die Ruh; Brahms: Immer
leiser wird mein Schlummer, Der Tod, das ist die kuehle Nacht, Botschaft,
Von ewiger Liebe; Schumann: Frauenliebe und -leben, all w/ Bruno Walter,
piano London ADRM 414 611-2 mono add

"Blow the Wind Southerly", 21 songs w/ Phyllis Spurr or John Newmark,
at the piano. They are: "Ma bonny lad", "The keel row", "Blow the wind
southerly", "I hava a bonnet trimmed with blue", "My boy Willie", "I know
where I'm goin'", "The fidgety bairn", "I will walk with my love," "Ca' the
yowes", "O Waly, Waly", "Willow, willow", "The stuttering lovers", "Now
sleeps the crimson petal", "The fair house of joy", "To daisies", "Over the
mountains", "Have you seen but a whyte lillie grow?", "Ye banks and braes",
"Drink to me only", "Down by the Salley Gardens", and "The lover's curse".

I'll absorb the *uninsured* shipping costs for two or more CDs.

Walter Meyer