From:
Noboru Inoue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:05:31 +0900
Walter Meyer wrote:

>Noboru Inoue wrote:
>
>>Where is music, then? In listner's mind? On score? On CD(with player)?  Or
>>all of them.  Or only in a process of air vibration, disappearing soon....
>
>If a student plays a passage all alone in a forest, and his teacher isn't
>there to hear it, has he still made a mistake?

Of course No. When he came back to school or home, some one point it if
any.  No music is in the forest.  Music(score or play anyhow) and player
and composer and audience and instrument and even mistake is created by
society and tradition, in my word, nature or universe, as any other
artificial things.

"Noboru Inoue" <[log in to unmask]>