From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:07:59 -0400
It seems that a new performance of Tovey's cello concerto is in the works,
with Mats Lidstrom as the cellist and Brabbins as the conductor, to be
broadcast on BBC and perhaps recorded (on either Hyperion or Marco Polo,
but I'm just speculating on this?)... this showed up on the webpage

   http://www.sr.se/p2/manus/m1999/m990516.htm

(a rebroadcast on Swedish radio P2 of the concerto.)

Does anyone know about this? I know there are a few Tovey fans resident (I
like what I've heard of his music myself, and was pleased when I read an
announcement here that Heymann intended to record the cello concerto and
symphony for Marco Polo...)

Eric Schissel
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel ICQ#7279016