From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:18:53 +0200
Are there any lieder entusiasts on this list? I disovered lieder a year ago
I have greatky enjoyed the songs of Schumann and Schubert I started with
singing lessons a year and I had just discovered Dichterliebe throgh the
Bostridge/Drake recording on EMI.  So Istarted singing those lovely pieces.

I now own the Holzmair/Copper on Philips, a marvellous record, and
Goerne/Ashkenazy- Goerne soft-grained dark bass-baritone is very beatiful
but Ashenazy's playing is bit ham-fisted.  I would like more versions of
this music.  Any suggestions?

By the way, those of you who like 20-century music, don't miss Hanns Eilser
Hollywood Songbook with Goerne and Eric Schneider.  Gorene calls it the
"Winterreise" of the 20:th century!  I have gratly enjoyed this record.

Patrik Enander
Goteborg, Sweden
[log in to unmask] (home)