From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:32:43 -0400
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>This thread has made mention, usually disparagingly, of national anthems.
>For the benefit of the incorrigibly masochistic, Marco Polo has released
>6 (I think) CDs of national anthems, presumably covering them all.  No,
>I *don't* own any of them.

For those who don't think that's enough, and might want to write their own,
you might wish to consult Anna Russell's "How to Write Your Own National
ANthem" which I heard her do live in NY many years ago and which still
resonates.  As always, she'd dead on target.  Was this gem ever released
on recording?

Eric Kisch