From:
Jane Erb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:22:42 -0600
Christine Rooney asks:

>Is it appropriate to go back stage after an evening's performance to meet
>the guest artist?

Music festivals tend, by their very nature, to be informal so here in
Aspen meeting the artist can often be accomplished in the local grocery
store.  However, all my performing friends who come here love to be greeted
and praised.  I have not yet met a performer who can receive too much
praise, and I have noted with interest that the general manager and others
in authority always go backstage to meet and greet after any performance.
(I have actually had the good fortune to become quite friendly with certain
performers just from going backstage to greet them.) If for some reason
an artist chooses not to meet people s/he will be closed away until the
audience has left.  If they are available, you can be sure that they would
love to greet you.

Jane Erb