From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:55:09 -0500
Tony Duggan asks about recordings by Paul Creston:

Here is what I have:

Delos 3114 Symphony No.  3 'Three Mysteries', Invocation and Dance, Out of
the Cradle, Partita for Flute, Violin and Strings Op.  12:  Gerard Schwarz
and the Seattle Symph.

Delos 3127 Orchestral Works Vol. II: Symphony No. 5 Op. 64, Choreografic
Suite Op. 86a, and Toccata Op. 68: Gerard Schwarz and Seattle Symph.

Both discs are superbly performed and recorded.  I wish I had could
hear the Threnody, but can assure that where I live it will NEVER by
played on a radio station.  There are a couple other recordings out there
of his works, but usually with works by other composers.  He is another
under-rated and under-performed American composer.  As I have said before,
I wish Schwarz would take up the cause of Benjamin Lees.  If you don't know
his works Tony, check his music out!

JPrevite