From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:29:54 PST
Ruben Stam wrote:

>I still like my Ashkenazy D.960, which was my personal introduction,
>but I don't believe he has recorded any others.

Just subtract 1 from 960 and you have Ashkenazy's 2 year old London cd
of Schubert's D.959.  I never heard it, but the reviews were not
complimentary.

Lionel Choi wrote:

>Anyone had any experience with Imogen Cooper's highly praised cycle on
>Ottavo?

I have three discs of Cooper's Schubert.  She is very fine, but tends to
approach the works like Brendel.  That's no crime, but there's only one
Brendel.  Why take the son of Kong when you can have King Kong?  I
remember the reviews for Cooper being good, but not outstanding.

Don Satz