From:
Luis M Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:28:51 +0000
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Actually, Harnoncourt does miss some of the elegance of Mozart's
>music, but I love his "rough and ready" emphasis.

Yes, I know what you mean.  I am discovering Harnoncourt's Mozart right now
with a CD of the G minor symphonies and the allegro assai (last movement)
of the 40th can be described exactly as you stated: "rough and ready".
The orchestra in my teldec budget CD is the Royal Concertgebouw.  Hasn't he
recorded the symphonies with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe? If so, which
ones do ypu prefer? Thanks,

Luis Afonso
The Portuguese Classical Music Site:
http://www.terravista.pt/Meco/2672/