From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:07:40 +0000
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>I am also thrilled by Previn conducting the Rachy Symphony #2 with the
>Royal Philharmonic. It's on Telarc (CD 80113).  [Me too.  -Dave]

All right, I'll make my contribution to the ongoing Previn love-fest:
I like his Shostakovich 5 very much, and Prokofiev Cindrella, Elgar 1st,
and a bunch of other stuff he is generally well-liked for.  I even enjoy
his CD of Mozart piano concertos on Philips (one of the concerti is the No.
24 in C minor, the other isn't).  The good thing about him is that he is
not one of the "record everything you can get paid for" type of artist
(which is most active artists today).  He is selective, and I would think
he selects things he enjoys working on, and he generally does a good job
with them.

I think everyone is jumping on Don Satz for his anti-Previn comments; but
I want to give Don a break too; he was ony upset at Previn being named the
greatest musician alive, which is indeed ridiculous, and probably most
people here would agree with that.

Ulvi Yurtsever
MathSense Research and Consulting
E-mail: [log in to unmask]