From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:55:35 PST
Ong Yong Hiu wrote:

>Am I correct to say that the Virgin label's set is not the first
>that the Borodin has done?  How does it compare to the original?

Although Virgin is now part of the EMI empire, the Borodin recorded the
DSCH quartets on EMI prior to that time.

The original set, I believe, is on Melodiya.  General consensus is that
the original set is better - go for that one.  I think it's better too, but
I'm glad to have both.  There are some things you can never have enough of.

Don Satz