From:
Norman Reppingen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 07:33:22 +0100
Alexis Edorh wrote:

>Very nice idea. I would like to add Orff's Carmina Burana.

There are fidderent shades of "black", dark.

In a really non - kitschy way, absolutely tasteful dark music is in my
opinion Rachmaninoffs Trio elegiaque.  I have right here the Recording
of the "Beaux Arts Trio" on Philips.  It is like the darkness of regret,
pain to the heart, very esthetical, expressive, powerful, pathetic.

Yes, i should skip the satanism, but i could not resist to recommend on
Prokoffiefs "Suggestion diabolique".  This is dark - frightening.  I love
it.

Then, also frightening, very abstract, but also dark:  Edgar Varese:
Ionisation.  As a conductor maybe a recording with Pierre Boulez should
work fine.

Thus are my actual votes.

Regards,

Norman Reppingen