From:
Maciej Dziekiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:36:41 -0000
Well, I'm glad to say that it's finally out.  Wojciech Kilar's Piano
Concerto, Choral Prelude and Orawa on one disc, I have finally managed
to release through KOCH Classics, and cannot wait when it finally gets
worldwide distribution.

Peter Jablonski on the piano did a terrific job together with Polish Radio
Symphony Orchestra and Wojciech Rajski conducting.

The sound is hi-end quality as an excellent audio engineer imported from
US has employed cutting edge technologies.

The CD has already recieved a nomination for Frederic Award, which is the
most prestigeous award of music industry in Poland.

As for the music itself, I guess that after 20 year break in classical
composition Kilar understood that music is for people generally and not
only for a narrow group of critics, so it's perceptible to an average music
lover at the same time containing lots of dense textures and incredible
tempos.  Concerto contains three parts, first is very repetitive and
meditative, second is a chorale, third being very motoric tocatta, with
a fun percussion part.  It's all very pleasurable to listen to, and I can
just add, that after the world premiere performance in Warsaw Filharmony
youngsters were jumping down from the balcony shouting "End of old times
in Filharmony".

If anyone would like to know more details I'd be glad to say more.

Maciej Dziekiewicz