From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:39:14 +0100
I just recently saw an classic Brittish war documentary "Listen to
Britain" a salutation to Britains war efforts (Jennings/McAllister
1942)- in it there was a segment with Myra Hess and an "anonymus" army
band/chamber orchestra (it was on 16mm film so I couldent rewind to take a
closer look..) playing what I remember is a Mozart concerto, wich perhaps
could be the K515 (C Major), but I'm not sure - Anyhow, Hess's playing made
an impression on me (usually being a 'HIP' guy, this is real hard for me
8^), I searched the net, and some of the *BIG* CD vendors and came up empty
handed..

Does anyone know if Myra Hess recorded any Mozart (concertos) commercially
and if it has gotten on to CD?

Cheers
Peter Lundin
Gothenburg, Sweden