From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:39:46 -0500
Steven Martin wrote:

>FWIW the Job is actually conducted by David Lloyd-Jones while most of the
>RVW in Naxos catalog is conducted by Bakels.  At this point, I scarf up
>anything with Lloyd-Jones conducting.  His recordings of Holst and Bliss
>have been getting worn out on my CD player.  Last week I bought a disk of
>him conducting some Britten which I have also been enjoying immensely.

But be careful of the Bax First.  It's a very gritty, dramatic performance.
No problem there, but someone put a mike right in front of the trombones
and turned it up.  It comes across as an annoying, laser-like buzz out of
the right speaker that gets pretty irritating at times.  Others I've talked
to have noticed this too, so it's not a system problem unique to me.  Too
bad.

Roger Hecht