From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:26:34 -0500
Tom Godell wrote:

>...the booklet indicates that Achucarro has completed and recorded
>his revision (at the composer's request) of Rodrigo's Piano Concerto.

This sounds interesting.  A revision may be just what it needed.  Any
listmembers heard this yet?

>...two recordings by Achucarro--both on RCA.  ...the Concerto Macabre
>of Bernard Herrmann ...reissued on CD (along with Herrmann's Citizen Kane
>Suite and other film music).  The other disc I have is an LP of music by
>Falla, which to my knowledge has never appeared on CD.

Is this the one?...

RCA/BMG 40472 2 (A) [Dutch] CD $3.99 Falla, Nights in the Gardens of Spain
{w.J.Achucarro, piano}; El Amor Brujo {N.Mistral, mezzo}; 3 Dances from
"The 3-Cornered Hat" (London Symph./Mata)

...from the Berkshire Record Outlet.

If so, is it recommendable? The one or two things I've heard by Mata failed
to impress me ...though I guess Spanish repertoire might be more 'up his
alley.'

Bert Bailey, in Ottawa