From:
Simon Corley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:39:21 -0800
Chih Hao Victor Gan wrote:

>A cursory search on Tower's database indicates Aimard has only recorded
>Ligetti and some concerti with Boulez.  Any information or comments from
>our knowledgeable listmembers?

He's also the soloist of Messiaen's "Reveil des oiseaux" in Boulez'
recent recording of this work (DG).  I'm also happy to own a few of his
numerous live performance: "Fantasy on a iambic rythm" (George Benjamin),
tremendous "Notations" (Pierre Boulez) and "Structures, Book I" (also
Pierre Boulez).  He's a fine artist indeed.  I also remember three or
four years ago a thrilling series of commented concerts dedicated to
20th century piano music.  The purpose of each concert was to show tbat
contemporary works (i.e.  written after 1945) could be related to older
masterworks of our century (i.e.  written before 1945).  Aimard generally
commented and performed three works, one of the "older" period (as a sort
of reference), and two "contemporary" works.  I thought that the idea was
clever and that his comments (and musical examples) were always
stimulating.  I wish these radio tapes could be published some day.

Simon Corley
Paris, France