From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:14:42 -0500
Jonathan Ellis wrote:

>I am convinced that John Culshaw refrained from naming these people for
>very good reasons which, I believe, we should respect.  I for one have no
>interest at all in knowing the names of the two people concerned.

This bothered me for a while and I almost didn't reply, but I think the
tenor's name has been out there for a long time.  I had heard it from
many people over the years.  My only reason for being unsure now was
memory--it's been a while.

The mystery that Culshaw propounded that always drove me nuts was how they
created Gunther's false voice in Gotterdammerung. He made a big deal about
that and about keeping it secret.

Roger Hecht