From:
Michael Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:00:30 EST
Years ago, my son's music teacher at a well-known conservatory noted
that there was an alarming trend: the major orchestras were increasing
salaries, while all those below were struggling.  This conversation took
place before the Detroit and other debacles.  There may be many more
classical musicians, but the country has yet to show sufficient signs
of appreciation to keep many of them in music.  My son is now pursuing a
living out of music.  I very much miss his musical insights - he was a real
thinker and communicator - but he made the right decision and is happy with
it.

Michael Stein