From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 02:40:15 +0100
Kazuo Takada wrote:

>Yes, I have another Winterreise sung by Haefliger, Michio Kobayashi, a
>Japanese pianist, at the piano. It was recorded in Tokyo, Dec.  1969, and
>published by Nippon Grammophone, Japanese subsidy of DGG.  The catalogue
>number is MG9398/9 (2 LP).

WOW!  That's most unexpected and rather exciting.  This one is *very much*
OOP and probably will never be reissued.  Can I interest you in swapping
tapes? I would be happy to tape you any Winterreise (or whatever else you
would like).  I actually have a Winterreise sung in Japanese by Toshiro
Gorobe.  Do you know that one? It wasn't released outside Japan as fas as
I know.  I suspect that the Haefliger you have wasn't released on the
European or American market either.

Best regards,

Philip