From:
Jon Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:48:07 -0800
Tony Duggan reports being transported by the huge stock of classical CDs at
the Tower shop in London, and was also rather taken by its splendid address
of l Picadilly Circus.  In a subsequent post, he notes that "there is
plenty of music written by people very much alive".

I hope Tony has ventured about a quarter of a mile from Tower to Harold
Moore Records on Great Marlborough Street.  This place has a marvelous
stock of CDs of modern music, perhaps the best in the world.  It includes
not only plenty of music by living composers, but plenty of CDs which are
officially dead, being out of print, many of them second-hand and at very
good prices (by British standards).

As for addresses, my favorite is the location of an American computer
magazine for children.  I think the magazine was called "Enter", and its
unforgettable address was:  1 Disc Drive.  Somewhere in California, of
course.

Jon Gallant