Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:25:25 -0600
Nancy Bunin wrote:

>Third- I'm amazed at the breadth of some respondents' collections.  How do
>they finance this?? And after financing their collections, how do they have
>the time to really listen to it all? Surely not all can be independently
>wealthy- or made a killing in the market.  Please let me in on the secret,
>if only regarding time management for music listening!

My secret is that I buy heavily fromt he cut out bins and the Naxos
counter.  Further, I don't tend to spend a lot of money on other
recreations (except books and scores).  I am not a sports buff, nor do
I frequent movie theatres (alas, as I really enjoy them).  I commute to
school and work about 90 minutes a day so I listen in my car as others have
said they do.  Unlike a fellow list member (I forget who said it now), I
can read and listen at the same time and not be too distracted.  In fact,
having music on in the background tends to increase my concentration.
I also pop in a disc when I am reading my MCML mail!

Kevin Sutton