From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:06:27 PST
Mark Shanks wrote concerning Lebrecht's "The Maestro Myth":

>I've read better material while standing in the checkout line at the
>grocery store.

Let's not undrestimate the value of mags at the checkout line.  Where else,
in such a short time, can you get all the information you need concerning
the Apocalypse, body hair growth and removal, and how to keep your spouse
romantically happy? The supermarket has the answers to all our problems.
Maybe those mags hold the key to the human condition.

Has anyone ever seen a classical music artist on one of those covers?

Don Satz