From:
Orlando Fiol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:37:33 -0600
"Why not go for the real Schubert?" Because the Beatles music is of a more
modern time, a modern sensibility, in English and more familiar to American
and English people.  Moreover, when I or anyone else compares the Beatles
to Schubert or Schumann lieder, we usually mean that there are certain
similarities in harmony and melodic development, not that the Beatles tried
to create cheap imitations of the German masters.

Orlando