Nancy Bunin <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:22:37 EST
First- Can anyone recommend a more recent version (preferably in CD) of
Debussy's Chanson de Bilitis and other songs? I have thectoria de los
Angeles recording of a long time ago, and enjoy it, but time for a CD.

Second- Since joining the list a couple of weeks ago, I have observed that
98% of communication is by men.  I'm puzzled- are there many more men than
women who like classical music?  iS it just that men have grabbed onto
another electronic toy, the internet, with more joyful vigor? (Doubt it, I
belong to a dog breed list, and most respondents are women, and there are
more on the early music list).  Something to think about.

Third- I'm amazed at the breadth of some respondents' collections.  How do
they finance this?? And after financing their collections, how do they have
the time to really listen to it all? Surely not all can be independently
wealthy- or made a killing in the market.  Please let me in on the secret,
if only regarding time management for music listening!

Thanks.
N Bunin