From:
Belle Lim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 05:19:27 -0800
Thanks to all who replied to my mail with suggestions & background
information.

Robert Clements wrote:

>Vanessa-Mae's on EMI 7243 5 56483 2 7 ("China Girl - The Classical
>Album 2"; with the London Philharmonic/Viktor Fedotov). VM isn't
>always the most fashionable of violinists amongst the hardcore
>classical community; but she has clearly rethought this score in the
>light of her English musical training: ...

I admire Vanessa-Mae's work immensely & I do possess the album.  Her
version is truly romantic, bringing out the poignant love between the
star-crossed lovers.  I believe that for most people, it is the beginning
of the concerto that draws their attention, the soulful 'voice' of the
violin, proclaiming the love between Liang Shanbo & Zhu Yingtai.

Belle Lim