From:
Jeff Tedford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:19:50 -0800
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote:

>Does it get better than this? I don't think so.

-I've been actively building a CM collection for 5 years and RT's Great
Pianists release of the Partitas is my first exposure to these works as
a whole.  I'm astonished by her infinitely subtle shadings, precision,
in short-it seems that "Age cannot wither, nor custom stale her infinite
variety".  What she's done is put these pieces on my tray almost every day
and gave me another set of Bach works to set next to the Brandenburgs, the
Violin Concertos,Cello Sonatas,and the Mass in B-Minor as dearly beloved
works.  I don't think a performer can do more.  The disagreements about
performing practices seem to me to be irrelevant in the face of such
beauty...Now if someone will help me with the Musical Offering, The Art
of The Fugue, The English Suites and French Suites, I'll be grateful.

Thanks,
Jeff Tedford