Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:20:30 PST
From:
Peter Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
In have just purchased Roslyn Tureck's performances of the Six Partitas
released on the Great Pianists of the Century Series.  I have a very
difficult time understanding why she is considered to be "the high
priestess of Bach".  To me her playing is boring and pedantic.  Her
articulation is poor and unclear much of the time.  She plays Bach on
the piano with an emphasis on her right hand at all times regardless of
the counterpoint present in the music.  As Glen Gould would say of others,
she plays the PIANO not Bach.

Can someone tell me what they admire about her Bach playing?

Peter Horvath
Long Beach, New York