Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:53:43 -0800
From:
"Leighton M. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I have occasionally touted our Composer-In-Residence R.C.  Barrows as an
>example of a grossly under-appreciated living composer.  One of his earlier
>works, Lament for Viola and Cello, is on RealAudio, and is downloadable at
>our website, URL below.

This is also worth a listen.  Miss Wang's Culver Chamber Music Series is
about a 40-minute drive to the north of where my wife and I live, and we
have attended a half-dozen or so times.  I can honestly say that absolutely
none of the gripes I have against 20th century works apply to any of the
Barrows works I've heard to date at these concerts, nor at this website.

She's right.  He's very good.

--Leigh