Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:33:31 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
It appears we are now covering the unwritten rules of "clapping" at concert
performances.  It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that as time
moves on, the intensity of clapping I hear at concerts keeps diminishing.
Perhaps there's a relationship between audience dress and clapping.  Or,
maybe arthritis is on the rise.

You folks sure present a lot of unwritten rules.  There is one rule I'd
like to see initiated: 5 minute breaks after each movement of a work that
lasts 10 minutes or longer.  This would give me the opportunity to stretch
and walk around a little - very beneficial for me.  I just want one rule
that does me some good.

A few list members have indicated that the concert environment was much
MORe informal and relaxed back in the 1700's and early 1800's.  Sounds
like the right approach to me.

Don Satz