Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:15:01 -0800
From:
Philip Haldeman <[log in to unmask]>
Achim Breiling says:

>Well I got the Handley set (EMI, 6 CDS) for 50 DM and I am quite happy
>with it!

Yes, there are some outstanding performances in this set---so I might
have to back-peddle a bit here.  I'd say that 1,3,4,5, and 7 are excellent.
Maybe I'm being too demanding when it comes to sets.  This is a very good
"batting average" for a set---at least as good as Colin Davis's new RCA
Sibelius set.  So, even though I'd have to supplement Handley's set with a
better 2, 6, 8, and maybe 9 (I need to refresh my memory on Handley's 9),
I agree that it's a set worth having (I have it!) In general, however, I
don't think sets are the way to go.

Phil Haldeman