Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:49:31 -0400
From:
Danielle Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
My own recording, "She Walks in Beauty: soprano Danielle Woerner sings Chamber
Music & Songs of Otto Luening and Robert Starer,"  is dedicated to the memory
of three people:

    - Otto Luening, who was a dear friend and mentor and inspired my own
    performing career

    - Andrea Goodzeit, another dear friend who was an extraordinary (if
    "unsung") pianist, composer/arranger and singer

    - P.L.  Travers (known to most people as the author of the Mary poppins
    books, but also an extraordinary student of myth and legend), my
    spiritual mother and the person who taught me to love William Blake's
    writings -- which Otto Luening and Robert Starer also have devoted much
    attention to It's also dedicated to the 75th birthday year of Robert
    Starer (his birthday was Jan.  8th, and happily he is still with us)

I'm dimly aware that I've heard of other recording dedications over the
years -- will send when I think of them...

Danielle Woerner