Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 20:44:31 -0500
From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
I got two interesting CD sets from Berkshire, Motets of the Bach Family
(Columns 555015/1-2) and Sacred Music by Purcell (Columns 555007/1-2).
I found both enjoyable and the Bach a grand introduction to JS's ancestors
rather than his progeny.

I ordered these sets because each came w/ a second CD, described as a
"Video CD", "consist[ing] of both sound and vision.  In addition to hearing
the misic, you also see the musicians singing and playing in a beauriful
historic location, thus allowing you to experience the performace more
intensely:  a joy for both the ear and the eye!" It's said to be playable
on:  Video-CD player (which I ain't got); CD-i player w/ Digital Video
Cartridge (which I ain't got neither); game computer w/ Video CD card
(such as 3DO or Sega Saturn...which I also don't got); multimedia PC of
MAC equipped w/ a CD-ROM drive with sound card and Video CD and/or MPEG
playback software (which I think I *do* got) although my equipment may
need MPEG hardware add-ons to facilitate smooth playback.

Well, I can't play them on my computer.  Is anybody familiar w/ these CDs?
Is there some sort of quick fix to make these playable?  If not, am I
missing out on much by not being able to use them, even though they were
the reason I bought the sets?

Walter Meyer