Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:58:39 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Patrik Enander wrote:

>Both Herreweghe and Staier are favourite musicians of mine, but in
>Schumann????

The Herreweghe/Staier partnership on Harmonia Mundi is excellent and
coupled with a very fine performance of Schumann's 2nd symphony.

Herreweghe has clearly shown that he can well handle romantic repertoire.
Staier's playing is great, and the fortepiano sound is relatively rich and
thouroughly enjoyable.

Concerning Staier, I'd like to plug his 2 cd set of Schubert piano sonatas
on Teldec.  It's the best fortepiano recording of Schubert I have heard so
far.

Don Satz