Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:40:55 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Hitoshi Asaoka wrote:

>I'm also just wondering...  *why Decca does not release Peter Jablonski's
>Scriabin concerto and Grieg's lyric pieces, and many other
>Chamber/Instrumental works in the U.S.?

It is a sad state of affairs for U.S. record buyers.  We have so much
wealth, income, and a low rate of savings to boot.  Yet, the fact remains
that American preferences are such that the U.S. is not a great market for
classical music.  As companies are increasingly unwilling to lose money on
classical music, it follows that they are being increasingly "picky" as to
which releases to issue in the U.S.

We have to buy more than ever just to maintain the status quo.

Don Satz