Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:37:14 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
An ever increasing percentage of new classical releases are theme or cameo
discs.  I keep reading that classical music of the 21st century will take
on a new face of eclecticism and fusion with other musical categories as
classical melds with Asian, Middle East, African, and any other type you
want to mention.

The music industry spin-doctors are at it again.  Spin-doctors don't
respond to the wants of the people or artists; they create, alter,
influence, and try to control demand with the sole aim of maximizing
profits.  Individuals are not seen as whole persons with the capability to
make important life decisions; they are seen as "easy marks" to manipulate
in any direction considered good for business.

The people are not clamoring for this eclectic fusion, but they will get it
and, likely, respond well to it.  The spin-doctors are carving out their
approach to 21st century classical music, and they intend to control it.
They don't love classical music; they only love the joy of knowing they
have exploited us thoroughly and with our ignorance.

What can we do? Don't buy this music and buy more of real classical music.
Before you know it, what's "real" will be up for grabs if it isn't already.
We can't change the course of events, but we can surely stay one step ahead
of these immoral and characterless spin-doctors.  I flatly hate people who
try to control others.

Don Satz