Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:19:18 +0100
From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Jim MacCormaic <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Unfortunately I already have alternative recordings of everything on the
>Double Decca Geoffrey Gaskell mentioned -- apart from the Violin Concerto,
>which I have yet to hear.  Do either of you know if other recordings are
>available, or is this performance good enough to justify so much
>duplication?

There is a CD on the Swiss Gallo label coupling Martins violin concerto
with two other violin concertos by Jost Meier and Walter Bear which should
be still available.  Soloist is Milewski and the orchestra is the Biel SO
under Nowak.  Interpretations and sound are great and the two other works
are also worth a listen.  In addition there is a CD on the Jeclin label
coupling Martins violin concerto with the 2nd piano concerto - I have not
heard that one (I have the Claves disc with the piano concertos, thus I
bought the Gallo CD).  By the way there is a wonderful CD on Chandos with
a couple of ballades for solo instruments and orchestra by Martin - worth
to pick up!

Achim Breiling