Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:43:54 -0800
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Karl Miller ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Deryk Barker wrote:
>
>>You think McKuen gets better critical repsonse than Nanes?
>
>Nope.  However some of McKuen's pop pieces have had good sales.  I
>guess my point was that I have rarely encountered any critical writing
>of McKuen's "classical" pieces and yet I have observed many taking the
>time to be critical of the music of Nanes.

Could it possibly be because every issue of Fanfare is besmirched with at
least one full-colour, full-page ad for yet another of his productions?

>...  I recall Paul Snook once wrote a review in Fanfare stating something
>like, "his music isn't anywhere near as bad as I had been lead to believe."

Which still makes it bad.  Frankly life is too short to listen to any
kind of bad music, no matter whether it's really, really bad or just bad.

Deryk Barker