Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 00:31:49 -0800
From:
Sam Pawlett <[log in to unmask]>
Nancy Bunin wrote:

>... And after financing their collections, how do they have
>the time to really listen to it all? Surely not all can be independently
>wealthy- or made a killing in the market.  Please let me in on the secret,
>if only regarding time management for music listening!

Time is a matter of priorities!  Do you listen to LP's? Right now where
I live in Vancouver B.C., there is a fire sale on LP's.  In the last few
weeks I've picked up the complete Brendel Vox, Schnabel and Kempff(mono)
Beethoven cycles for $20 each.  Also a 10LP set of Horowitz concerto works,
Gieseking's complete Mozart, Dvorak' complete S.Q.'s on Vox for $20 each.
Also R.Tureck, Gold.  Var., Well Tempered Clavier, and Partitas for $2
each.  Complete Beethoven Bicentennial collection for $30.  All in mint
condition.  So I would say search flea markets, garage sales, junk shops,
pawn shops, used record shops and any other place you can think of.
Bargain!  Good luck,

Sam Pawlett