Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 04:11:54 -0800
From:
Marty Nickison <[log in to unmask]>
I was wondering about something that I hope you guys can help me out with.
It has to do with the movie Shine, about David Helgoff's pianistic career
(or lack, therof...).  When his father sat at the Califone (small record
player...oops, have to be politically correct and say TURNTABLE), he placed
what I think to be a 78 of someone preforming the Rachmaninov 3rd Piano
Concerto.  I was wondering as to whom that recording was.  I have a strange
feeling it was either Rachmaninov, Horowitz, or Van Cliborn (sp?)/
Kaskashkin(sp?).  I am wondering because I would like to hear it......I
like Helgoff's, frightened by any by Ruth Loredo, Watts/Ozawa is somehow
too fast.....and this recording seems like it would have been my pace.  I
like this work to be played with some timing into it, and giving the full
temperment it deserves.

Thanks, even just for reading..

Marty Nickison II