Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:49:09 PST
From:
Tony de Freitas <[log in to unmask]>
Andrew Carlan:

>To me comfort means assurance that no matter how dark things may be,
>movement will change that as surely as night passes into morning.

Brilliant stuff!  Andrew There is so much succor in Bach and Mozart and
Beethoven.  I remember myself as a young boy of 14 or 15 with rather Die
Leiden von jungen Werther tendencies discovering the Mass in C minor, K427.
It probably saved my life.  From the time I heard that long drawn out Kyrie
I no longer felt afraid.  How's that for comfort? And shortly after my new
found courage was bolstered by the Eroica.  I played it everyday during the
long, lonely months leading up to 'O' levels.  My God, What a great time it
was for me, I didn't know it then; to be young and to find such beautiful
music.  These days it's Ich habe genug, BWV 82, which I like to translate
as I'm fed up.  Don't get the wrong impression.  I'm no cynic.  Like that
young boy of yesterday I still believe in happy endings.

Tony de Freitas
Trinidad, W.I.