Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:40:27 EST
From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Deryk barker writes of Barenboim's piano:

>His piano? You mean the same one he'd been recording on or his personally?
>I find the latter hard to believe, as I'm sure Abbey Road has always been
>well endowed with pianos.

This is according to the book "Many Years from Now" which is part
recollection of Paul McCartney and part filler by the author Barry Miles.
Paul is quoted as saying that they used Daniel Barenboim's piano. Make
what you will of that.  Paul says that Barenboim had been using the exact
same piano earlier in the day.  Whether the piano was the property of
Barenboim or EMI is not specified.  Paul does say that they asked
permission before using the piano and that it had to be unlocked before
they could use it but that nobody had a problem with them using the piano.

As much as I love CM the Beatles were my first love are the only music that
I have listened to since I was a child.

Steve M.