From:
Christopher Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:34:42 EST
Dorchester & Weymouth BKA members have agreed to donate honey to help British
Olympic athletes.  Tom Clemens,  a serving soldier stationed in Germany is a
member of the Biathlon team due to compete in the next winter Olympics.
  His father, Dennis is a dedicated beekeeper and former Secretary to the BKA.
He says "Apparently the men consume vast quantities of honey to give them
instant energy  when training so I offered to supply some to Tom and the other
lads.  Now other Dorset beekeepers have also agreed to donate honey to the
young men during their training programme which will take place in CANADA,
Greenland, ARGENTINA, and Scandinavia"
How's that for a publicity boost for local beekeepers and their honey sales?
We will milk it for all its worth. It may also help our export drive to the
countries named!
Chris Slade