From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:33:50 -0500
On 12 Jan 99, at 12:17, Computer Software Solutions L wrote:

> Would it not then be advisable, to always overwinter on two brood
> chambers, even if this meant allowing them access to only half of each
> brood chamber by using a follower board?.

Looking back on my English beekeeping I often wonder why we never
 wintered on two deeps. Since keeping bees here in North America
always on two and sometimes 3 deeps I find much bigger hives are the
norm. With no restriction of follower boards they will expand to fill the
boxes.
                A hive seems to grow to fill it's available space, plus surplus
stores come the spring appears to stimulate earlier build up.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre, Owner
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Queen Rearing Equipment.