Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:23:21 -0500
Gauthier Buddy J wrote:

> Here is my situation:
>
> A few weeks ago, I noticed a few drones appearing. I checked the brood and
> the majority of it was drones. I started to get things in motion by ordering
> another queen. While waiting for the new queen to arrive, I figured I would
> find the old queen and take it from there. Well, she was marked with a red
> dot, and I could not find her anywhere. I noticed that queen cells were
> being formed.(Peanut sized cells on the side of the frames) My queen was not
   buddy,remove the top box and shake all the bees into the lower boxes
put a queen excluder on top of the super(one with no bees) then shake
all the bees onto the excluder from the bottom 2 boxes.as boxes are
emptied place them under the top box,whenyou are done smoke the bees on
the excluder and they will descend into the hive leaving the queen on
top of the excluder.an empty box ,no frames,on top of the excluder helps
funnel the bees into the boxes below.good luck!!!!!

                  Curtis Spacek
                 Pasadena,Texas