From:
Baris Kilicbay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:06:26 +0200
Don Satz:

>Was Lekeu a highly talented composer, and how would you describe his music?

Guillaume Lekeu (1870-1894) is one of the composers that I like most maybe
because he is -like Comte de Lautreamont- a real genius who passed away in
his early twenties (one day after his twenty-fourth birthday).  Lekeu, like
many of Cesar Franck's pupils, have a strong sense of architecture and a
marvellous gift for melody.  He is young but his music is old and very sad;
in his chamber music output his model is Beethoven's late string quartets.
I think that it is very touching to listen to the music of a composer who
died in an age that I have now.

 [BARIS]