HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jason Menard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason C Menard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:41:32 -0600
Vivian (and all),

        What you're getting is a automatically-generated post from some Forest
Service mailserver.  It seems that one of the listmembers, Doug Stevens,
has changed e-mail addresses, but NOT changed his list subscription
address.  So, when the list sends him mail, his system forwards it to
his new address, and informs the sender (that's you) that his address
has changed- in the hope that you not do it again.  Since it's the
HISTARCH list that's really sending the mail, not you, there's not much
you can do about it.  Any listmember who posts to the list (me included,
in about 30 seconds) will receive such a message.  In short, it's just a
computer admin thing you need not worry about, and can delete in good
conscience.
        Hope this eases some confusion.

Cheers,
Jason Menard

Jason Menard
Interdisciplinary Archaeological Studies
University of Minnesota